Monday, August 10, 2009

Censor Boy aka Sensor Boy


Censor Boy aka Sensor Boy is chronically sick all the time, and has contracted virtually every disease known in the modern world and still is surviving. He is a "fluke" one in a billion patient that has the doctors baffled why he is still alive. Attention-Deficit-Disorder (ADD, ADHD) is the least of Censor Boy's worries. Swine flu and bird flu was his latest sickness. Medication and injections keeps this kid going and going! (edit: fixed his eyes and shirt in photoshop)

2 comments:

Ryan Claytor said...

Hi Rob,

This is Ryan Claytor from Elephant Eater comics. We met a while back at the Motor City Comic-Con and I'm just getting around to inputting email addresses from that show (as I've been out of the country for a couple months).

Anyhow, I ran across your website when going through those email addresses. It's been great looking through your work. Realy cool stuff. Your artwork looks very organic. Are you doing these with pencils and paint, or do you color digitally? Regardless, nice work. Keep it up.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

Rob Bodnar said...

Thanks for the nice words Ryan. I remember you from Motor City Comic Con. I usually just grab little pencil or pen drawings from my sketchbook. I blow them up on a copy machine, detail it out and fix little problems on a light table by "mirroring" the image. This helps to produce the shapes a little better, I think.

Watercolor painting method:

I draw or lightly trace the image on watercolor paper by pencil using a light table, then paint it. I then add highlights with white pencils, chalk, white paint, and mid tones with colored pencils. Dark spots are black ink. I have not used any digital color on these images yet. I tweak the color from the scanner to look like the original.

I am working with a writer on a comic, hopefully by the next MCCC.